because community is our jam
THE COLONY CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Artist shall use the Communal Spaces for the creation of artwork by Artist only and any other activities related thereto; provided, however, Artist may offer classes or regular individual instruction in The Colony Studio, Common Areas, or anywhere else in the Building, upon prior consent from The Colony.
2. Artists shall be respectful and considerate of other members using the Communal Spaces, including but not limited to, disrupting other artists, and other all persons in Common Areas of other parts of the Building.
3. Artist shall not spend extended periods of time, including sleeping, in The Colony Studio, Common Areas, or the Building, while Artist is not working on artwork.
4. Artist shall not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status while using The Colony Studio or Common Areas, or while otherwise in the Building. The Colony has a zero tolerance policy for any discriminatory behavior, including but not limited to, actions or statements. Such behavior will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate revocation of Artist’s Membership with The Colony.
5. Artist shall maintain the Communal Spaces and conduct Artist’s activities in a professional manner that will sustain and improve The Colony’s reputation. Any conduct or activity that is detrimental to The Colony’s reputation will not be tolerated and is grounds for immediate revocation of Artist’s Membership with The Colony.
6. Artist shall not cause damage to any area of The Colony Studio, Common Areas, or the Building and, in the event Artist should cause or observe such damage, Artist shall immediately report said damage to The Colony.
7. Artist shall keep the Communal Spaces clean and orderly, and shall reset the Communal Space after Artist’s use for the next Artist.
8. Artist shall not share key card or codes with other members, former members, or non-members, or otherwise permit anyone other than Artist to enter the Building or The Colony Studio without prior consent from The Colony.
9. Artist shall not allow waste of the utilities or services provided by The Colony.
10. Artist shall not make any alterations or additions to The Colony Studio.
11. Artist shall not remove fixtures from any area of The Colony Studio, Common Areas, or the Building.
12. Artist shall not engage in any activities in or around The Colony Studio, Common Areas, or the Building that are unlawful, illegal, or unreasonably dangerous, including but not limited to, hazardous materials that are not otherwise used in the normal course of Artist’s artwork and approved by The Colony.
13. Artist shall not bring alcohol or illegal substances into the Building or The Colony Studio, nor shall Artist consume any alcoholic beverages in the Building or The Colony Studio unless alcoholic beverages are made available during a Studio Event.
14. Artist shall immediately notify The Colony and appropriate governmental authorities in the event of an emergency that occurs in the Building, Common Areas, or The Colony Studio while Artist is using The Colony Studio.
15. Artist shall immediately notify The Colony if they lose or misplace any keys and/or key cards granting access to the Building and The Colony Studio.
16. Artist shall follow required procedures for closing and securing The Colony Studio and the Building when using The Colony Studio after normal business hours.
17. Artist shall notify The Colony if Artist’s phone number, email address, mailing address, or emergency contact information changes at any time, and shall timely provide the new contact information to The Colony.
18. Artist shall adhere to all studio-specific policies that The Colony now or hereafter establishes.